We strive to provide you with outstanding medical care as well as a pleasant, efficient office experience. You will find information below concerning our office policies and patient forms. If you have questions, please call our office at 919-781-6200 and one of our administrative staff will gladly provide assistance.
- Our office hours are from 8:00 to 5:00 on Monday-Thursday, and on Friday 8:00 to 4:00.
- To provide patient care after hours, one of our physicians is on call 24 hours a day to handle emergencies and deliveries. Our answering service will notify one of the physicians if you have a problem that cannot wait until office hours.
- If you have an emergency that cannot wait for a telephone call, go immediately to the nearest hospital ER.
- It is a good idea to schedule a yearly exam at least two months in advance, although we frequently are able to accommodate patients in less time.
- It may be necessary for you to see someone other than your regular physician if your need is emergent.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete registration.
- Please bring your picture ID and your insurance card to all appointments.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify our office in advance.
- In an effort to stay on schedule, we reserve the right to reschedule your appointment if you are more than fifteen minutes late.
Insurance and Billing
- We are in network with most major insurance plans. Here is an up to date list of insurance companies that we are contracted with.
- If we are not contracted with your insurance plan, it is our office’s policy that payment is due at the time services are performed. You will be given an encounter form so that you may file a claim for reimbursement. Exceptions to this policy will be made in the event of office surgical procedures, surgeries performed in the hospital and maternity care. In these cases, we will submit your claims on your behalf, even if we do not have a contract with your insurance company.
- Any specific questions about whether a service our office provides is covered needs to be directed to your insurance company. You can contact your insurance company by using the number listed on the back of your card or by going to their website.
Prescription Refills will be called in during regular office hours. Please allow 24 hours for your prescription to be refilled.
- All medical records are confidential. No information is given over the telephone without your written consent. Your written authorization is required before records will be released to insurance companies or others.
- If you would like to request your medical records from our office, please fill out the Authorization for Release of Records Form and mail or fax it to us, attention to Kathy.
- FEES FOR COPIES:
§ 90-411. Record copy fee. A health care provider may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred in searching, handling, copying, and mailing medical records to the patient or the patient’s designated representative. The maximum fee for each request shall be seventy-five cents (75¢) per page for the first 25 pages, fifty cents (50¢) per page for pages 26 through 100, and twenty-five cents (25¢) for each page in excess of 100 pages, provided that the health care provider may impose a minimum fee of up to ten dollars ($10.00), inclusive of copying costs. If requested by the patient or the patient’s designated representative, nothing herein shall limit a reasonable professional fee charged by a physician for the review and preparation of a narrative summary of the patient’s medical record. This section shall only apply with respect to liability claims for personal injury, and claims for social security disability, except that charges for medical records and reports related to claims under Article 1 of Chapter 97 of the General Statutes shall be governed by the fees established by the North Carolina Industrial Commission pursuant to G.S. 97-26.1. This section shall not apply to Department of Health and Human Services Disability Determination Services requests for copies of medical records made on behalf of an applicant for Social Security or Supplemental Security Income disability. (1993, c. 529, s. 4.3; 1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 679, s. 5.5; 1995 (Reg. Sess., 1996), c. 742, s. 36; 1997-443, ss. 11.3, 11A.118(b).)
Test Result Notification (Client Tell System)
- Our office is now using a phone notification system called Client Tell. This system makes it easy for patients to get their results. It allows you to access your confidential test results and receive communications from our office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. After your results are posted, they will be available to you for 45 days.
- You can access your test results by calling (866) 785-8064 and using your Medical Record Number. You can follow the prompts to review your message or use the information listed below.
- Press 1 to play an old message
- Press 2 to play a new message
- Press the star key to repeat the main menu
- If there are abnormal findings we will contact you directly and you will not need to use the Client Tell system.
Our patient portal program is called My Health Record. Through My Health Record you will be able to request appointments, make payments, request prescriptions, view health records, manage your profile, send and receive documents and forms and send secure messages. At the time of your initial registration, if you offer us a secure email address, you will be sent an invitation to become a My Health Record portal account holder. The invitation includes a link that will take you to the registration page. The registration procedure is straightforward, but should you need assistance, we are here to assist. We encourage all patients to register for their portal account and take advantage of this valuable health management tool.