Even with traffic, it is likely around 10 contractions (if you are in active labor) on the drive from Wakemed North to Wakemed on New Bern Ave. As I mentioned in my prior blog post, we very much want to take care of you during the pregnancy, the delivery, and the postpartum time frame. Here are some reasons why we feel the 10 contraction drive is worth it:
- You get Kamm McKenzie doctors who have taken care of you for the last 9 months.
- We are part of the team that succeeds in providing the lowest c-section rate in town.
- We have NEW LABOR AND DELIVERY ROOMS
- Opened 5/18/15, they are identical to the labor rooms at Wakemed North
- Your baby with have the immediate availability of the best NICU in Raleigh, hands down. Heaven forbid your baby needs special care, you will be in the right place and can walk a few feet down the hall to be with your baby.
- You have immediate access to the full complement of services that a large hospital can offer, so were anything serious or life-threatening to happen to you, we can provide the best and most acute care for you.
We look forward to your future continuity of care with Kamm McKenzie OBGYN.